Family 2014

Family 2014

Monday, March 26, 2012

We will be home in 4 more days!

Tonight is the 9th night I have put our daughter to bed. The first two nights were easy. The last few nights, not so much. But tonight she finally fell asleep laying on top of me. Such a wonderful feeling having a little one fall asleep on me again!
It has only been alittle over a week since we first met Renee. I can't believe how far we have come. She still has at least one major melt down a day at around 12-2pm. She is very tired then. She all of a sudden wants nothing to do with me and starts calling out mama. If I am able to put her down depending on where we are at I do. She usually cries on the floor and kicks and screams. If I have to hold her she is not violent like she was the first time. You can tell she so wants to pinch or hit me and you see her hold herself back since we have been letting her know that is not exceptable.
Today we went to Safaria Park. I have to say that it is one of the most beautiful zoos I have been to. She seemed to enjoy it. We got to feed the elephants and the giraffes. There was an hour long ride through a part of the park. We enjoyed not having to walk, but the entire ride had someone speaking in Chinese describing what we were seeing. It was so loud and obviously we understood nothing of what was being said. It was amazing how tiring it was to sit in the car and have this voice blaring around you in a language you don't know. I am sure there is some illustration that you could take from this, but really my mind is muss. Her melt down today went well. I was able to put her on the ground and after alittle while, she looked up at me with her hands up saying, "mama" Poor little thing! The confusion and hurt and anger that she is going through. She doesn't want me yet this time even when I put her down she had to be touching me while she pushed away at the same time. She fell asleep right after her meltdown and I had to carry her around while she slept. She really only wanted me today. This is the first day that she hasn't made her rounds to everyone. I can not wait to finally be home and help her feel safe in our home. I feel she is doing so well considering how crazy life is right now. I will leave you with a few pictures. When we were feeding the elephants she didn't want to give her banana to the elephants. She wanted to eat it and she did. She is very independent. I have already learned you don't open the banana for her if you want her to eat it. She won't want it. But if I let her open it her self she will eat the whole thing. You will see of picture of this. You will also see a picture of me finally being able to sit down with a sleeping Renee while everyone is taking a bathroom break. Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. it is so hard.. the constant disruptions...I looked forward to home and a routine too.. Hang in there! Almost home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny about the banana? It's like they don't want to rely/depend on others. Kim did that for the 1st year. If we handed her something directly she would refuse it flat out. But if we just laid it on the table and walked away she would take it no problem. Sad really that they have been hurt enough not to want to trust anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! Thanks for the update. I'm sure it's hard to find time to fit it all in. See you in a few days. In the meantime, "Be Carefully Slip!" Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold on... you are almost home! Once you get home, you can actual begin parenting her. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting SO close. Hang in there. Soon all your little (and big) ones will be under the same roof!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete