Family 2014

Family 2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Adoption is a process

It has been just 48 hours since we met Renee. So many wonderful things happening. How cute is this!

She had not cried since the first time we met her. But today she had a trigger. I was serving her a veggie at a resturant that we had eaten at before. Look at her eating with chop sticks!

When I was putting it on her plate she started shaking her head no and then pouting and then crying. (not ordering that veggie again!) When I went to take her out of her chair she started trying to get away from me. Then when I tried walking around with her she started calling out for mama(foster mama). Took awhile to get her to calm down. It was a bad time to eat lunch as she was getting sleepy. When we got back to the room I thought she would go to sleep, but instead it turned into a fun giggle play with daddy time. He was a human jungle gym. Felt like she was avoiding me some. I totally understand, but it is still hard to see. Then her temper came out and the fun turned into biting and pinching. Scary at times to see what we will be dealing with when we get home. She is so amazing. Very beautiful and so smart. I feel so blessed to be her mommy, but I know that we have some big ground to cover as far as things that she has been allowed to do for these first two years of her life. The triggers that are to coming and this transition time. I need to go back to how I was dealing with the wait to leave for China and that is to take one day at a time. Over all it is going so much better than I thought it would. She sleep through the night and is so happy so much sooner than I thought she would be. She talks up a storm. For my friends who remember me saying, I thought it would be a long time til I would hear her talk. I have to keep reminding myself how short of a time we have had her. It seems so much longer than it really has been. She has been amazing to watch. So much has happened and change is constant. She is napping now. I am just trying to process things thanks for listening. Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. The meals in China are hard! Keep doing your best and SURVIVE! Once you leave Nanchang, it gets much better! We enjoyed the authentic Chinese food there - Yummy! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete