Family 2014

Family 2014

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tomorrow is the day!

Sorry for taking so long to post. Jetlag is a horrible. I am feeling much better today and can finally compose some kind of thoughts. We had no issues with our plane trips over to Beijing. We got in at about midnight on the 15th and went to bed. We went to the Great Wall, Jade factory and a rickshaw tour of an old part of China.





Today we went to Tinamin Square and the forbidden city.



It is Saturday evening and time for me to try and sleep. We have been kept so busy that I have hardly had time to get to think about what is going to be happening tomorrow. I have a feeling that that is the idea. Give us time to get over the worst of the jetlag(Last two nights I have had a hard time taking care of myself, let alone our daughter) and give us something to do so our minds are distracted. I have caught myself a few times on the edge of tears today. Not sure what I will feel as I go to bed and have time to think about it. We leave our hotel tomorrow morning at 8:15 to catch our plane and then around 4:30 am (your time) we will meet our daughter! Next post will be us with our daughter! Still hard to believe that this is really happening. Thanks for your comments and your prayers. Pray for Renee as you read this. Her whole life is getting turned upside down tomorrow. She doesn't yet understand that we are her forever family.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! Thinking and praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update and pics. Looking forward to your next post! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you as you travel to meet Renee! It's a whirlwind trip, but try to savor every minute. All the best for a smooth transition. Tell Sissi the Ericksens say hello when you get to Nanchang! (She was wonderful - you'll enjoy her.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a smooth transition for Renee and that God will give her a vision of your family so she will know you when she sees you tomorrow! Enjoy this precious time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,

    My days got mixed up RE your schedule. Yesterday, during recess duty, I got all teary-eyed thinking that you were meeting Renee yesterday (or today China time ... time travel is SO confusing!) I love you! Praying for all -- you, Tim, your kids -- both those here and in China. I can't stop thinking about you, wondering what you're doing, wishing so much I could be there, feeling mixed emotions of joy and sadness, being reminded that one day I too had thought about adopting, thinking about all you're seeing, your parents getting a new grandchild, what God's up to, and so much more. Praying! I love you!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend from the post office here. By the time I get up for early church you will be getting to know Renee. Can't wait to see more as I can't even imagine the scenario, foryou it will be reality. Wow! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She doesn't yet understand what a blessing she is and will be receiving :)

    ReplyDelete