Family 2014

Family 2014

Monday, March 19, 2012

She became officially our daughter today!!

Yesterday and today went better than I ever imagined! She cried and called out for her mama which broke my heart. There was no way to help her. She went through a time (and still is at times) of not looking me in the eyes. She pushed away any toys and wanted nothing to do with any of the ways I was trying to distract her from her crying. So I just held her. She was like a rag doll. Needless to say my arms are very sore today and feel like jello. She has not cried since she went through her hour and a half of crying. She slept through the night. When she woke up, she just laid there for the longest time and didn't cry. We had to quickly get ready to go to the civil affairs office to sign the paper work that says we are officially her parents. Again whirlwind of events. We signed some papers, but I wasn't sure if there was more things to sign or not and didn't find out til later, when they handed us our certificate, that we had already signed the official paperwork that said she was ours. We finally have a few hours to relax until we have to leave again to go and start the process for her visa to get into the US. We will then have 3 days of free time to wait for this.
Right now Renee is sleeping. What can I tell you about what we have learned about her so far.... She likes to be held, (ok by me!), she is potty trained, she will drink water from a bottle, but has not taken formula yet, even though they said she use to have 2 bottles a day, she is not eating much yet, but she loves cherrios and will even feed us too(we had fun with this this morning!), she likes to be held :), she is a spicy girl(meaning she has a temper, doesn't come out often yet, but just the little we have seen and the paper work that describes her, we are in trouble :),
and she is still grieving, but not through crying, more of the shell shock look when we have to leave the room. Enjoy the pictures! I know that is really why you have come to my blog!


Here we are signing the official paper work that I didn't know until later that this was it! :)



This last picture is with our guide, Sissi, and the assistant director of the orphanage where Renee lived. I am very sad that I didn't get to meet the director and that really there were no questions I could ask, because she is not the one that took care of her. Also found out that our photo album and the letter we sent to the foster mom never got to the orphanage. I don't understand, but nothing I can do about it. Many things I wish could have happened differently. So much to process. Thanks for your prayers and wonderful comments you have shared. I know you have been praying mostly for Renee, but if I could ask that some of those prayers come toward me as well as I am not sleeping well. Just so much happening and having a hard time relaxing at night to sleep. I am doing ok on the sleep I am getting, but it makes for long and frustrating nights. Thanks! Need to eat and then off to our next event!

7 comments:

  1. Renee is such a cutie! Praying for all of you!
    Enjoy each day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for all of you! What a lovely little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Hope she starts eating more and gets through her grieving period quickly! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and your family! I know you have waited a long time for this moment. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for your family. I work with Tim and he has shared some of your journey with us at work. I'll say a prayer tonight for all your dreams to come true. May some of those dreams be while you are sleeping. I love the pictures. May the rest of your journey be safe and full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a lot like our first days with Lucy...very limp when we would hold her. The good news is that this will change with time...Lucy holds on to me like a monkey now. Hang in there...it will get better and you will sleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! Kenzi has that same outfit!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete