Family 2014

Family 2014

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Somewhere



I recently went to a Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant concert. When I heard this song I thought of our journey to our daughter and the many families that I know who are waiting for their child. When I heard the first verse, I thought of all the families that have gone and met their child and had to say goodbye for any number of reasons. Some have to go home and wait for the paper work to be finished and they don't know if it will be weeks or months until they hold their child again. Some leave, like the many Nepal families, wondering if the government will ever grant their request for a visa. It breaks my heart to think of the many families still waiting for their Nepalese children.
Some of us have experienced a failed adoption and we continue on this wait for our child. I love some of the phrases in this song, "I will find a way to find you, a heart that is waiting, it may take some time, I'll wait for you."
This is dedicated to all the families that are waiting to find their child and bring them home. The wait has been much longer than any of us expected, but may we find the courage to continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment