Family 2014

Family 2014

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Renee!!


Today my little one celebrates her 2nd birthday. I wish I was with her. I had hoped when we were matched with her at the end of August that we would be together by now. I have been hoping that we would receive our Travel Approval today. What a way to celebrate this day, but it did not happen. It has been a sad day. Many have said to me that I will be in China soon and we can celebrate it with her then. Yes, this is true. We are so close to traveling now. I can look forward to that day, but this mama is just so tired of waiting. I am throwing a party right now. It is a big pity party. Honestly, I am in a very selfish and self centered mood.
This is the last birthday you will celebrate without your forever family, Renee! We will be there very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, beautiful Renee! More presents than you can imagine await you!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does stink that you have to be away from each other on this birthday )= Never fun to feel another milestone slip away.

    Sometimes it's ok to have a little pity party time, especially in this process, which I know you are all too familiar with.

    Just hang on though-

    "I can see a light, that is coming, for a heart that holds on..."

    Happy Birthday Renee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete