Family 2014

Family 2014

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

9 months

Yup! That's what the ticker at the right says. It has been 9 months exactly since we were officially accepted into the China program. Well Renee, on this 9 month anniversary, your mama lost it. Your oldest brother is about to become an adult and the hoops I have to jump through so that we can complete this adoption are sending me over the edge.


I had to take him to the doctor office to get a TB test and tomorrow for the 6th time I have to go and get a back ground check done. Not for me or your father, but your brother who the government, even though I still pay the bills and still mother and help him finish high school, says that he is an adult! In another month I have to take him to the USCIS office (for the 3rd time) to get him fingerprinted! I am back in the hurry up mode, so I can wait some more.
When I finally am able to see your beautiful face and if you ever throw yourself on the floor having a tantrum, I will remember these days and the times I too wanted to act like a toddler. I will try to remember these helpless feelings I am having right now and have compassion toward you and gentle help you through your rage. Your world will soon be turned upside down. I guess it is only fair that my world be turned upside down as well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the waiting is so hard, especially once you have a little name and face and a whole little person to fall in love with! Here's hoping that the rest of this journey is super-duper speedy!

    ReplyDelete