Family 2014

Family 2014

Monday, July 4, 2011

Waiting

The phone rarely leaves my side. Why won't it ring?!
Well while I am waiting I thought I would ask for help from all you families that are in the China program. You see after learning so much about Nepal, I have done the opposite when it comes to joining the China program. I am not on any forums and it has only been the last few months that I have been reading others blogs that are with the China program. As I read other China blogs I have seen references to the lady bug, red thread, 100 wishes quilt, and a phrase "over the moon" What do they all mean and where did this tradition start? What traditions (even things that I have not mentioned that I don't know about yet) have you kept when it comes to what people do when they adopt from China and what things have you not worried about. I see myself being very nontraditional, yet I could surprise myself.
I do look forward to learning about China and I plan on embracing it as much as I did Nepal, but this has not been an easy thing for me to do. We could finally get the call and see a picture of our daughter tomorrow, but there is another part of me that still feels like it could all fall apart or that my phone will never ring.
Look forward to hearing your replies!

2 comments:

  1. We haven't done much of anything. I do have a bracelet that has a ladybug on it and the Chinese symbol for family. I couldn't tell you off the top of top of my head what the ladybug things means, though.

    One thing we have done since Jacinda came home is that we try to celebrate some of the Chinese holidays like Chinese New Year and the Moon Festival. It's fun to learn about those and it keeps some Chinese culture for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I know the feeling of waiting for the phone call, of checking the email constantly just incase. I think taking the time to learn about China while you wait is a great idea. I know its hard to try and refocus somewhere else. For me, I decided to learn Spanish and in some ways it helped to ease the pain from Nepal and gave me a small sense of hope.

    Good luck. I am praying you get the call soon.

    Wendy
    Blog - On my Way again
    I still can't post using my google id!

    ReplyDelete