Family 2014

Family 2014

Friday, May 13, 2011

Lucky 13




This is something a friend gave me in July 2010. We had just found out that we were logged in with Nepal and we were number 13. I think that was the day I dropped my guard and really allowed myself to start believing that we were really adopting from Nepal. When things fell apart with Nepal, I wanted to throw this away, but I hid it away with the other paperwork for Nepal.
When I started to realize that we might be DTC on May 13th, I remembered this card. I haven't looked at this since everything with Nepal fell apart. How amazing that today I can pull it back out again! It was so special when I first got it. It felt so good to have someone acknowledge that there was alittle girl out there waiting for me. Thanks Tonya! This card is still apart of this journey. It is time to celebrate!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that it sounds like you are well on your way to having your heart heal! What a true blessing that is when it finally happens. Lucky 13 indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!!! This is a big step!

    ReplyDelete