Family 2014

Family 2014

Friday, February 4, 2011

My hope for this blog....

We recently experienced a failed international adoption.  It was heart breaking.  I longed for a gathering place where others who had gone through the same thing could meet and share their experiences.  I will share where we are at on our journey to bring our daughter home from China, but I also will be taking the time to look at the crisis that international adoption is experiencing right now.  I know there will be people who will disagree with me.  There are many families who have had wonderful experiences adopting and have no idea the heart break that is going on.  I see many families that feel more families should rise up to adopt.  This is true, but more than money is stopping people right now.  There are many countries that are a huge risk to adopt from.  Three countries in the last few years have been shut down by our government.  bothendsburning.org  is an organization that is fighting to save international adoption.  They want to help change the laws so that more children can find their forever families.  Too many families are having to wait years for a referral or years after a referral to bring their children home.  These children spend far too long in the orphanages before they are finally united with their family.  In our case we will never meet our Nepali princess.  It breaks my heart that so many children were left behind.  It is time for a change!  I hope that this will be a place that we can unit and comfort each other on our journeys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment